Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my husband Mac. It's not easy to find the words to talk about him without sounding sappy because he's really very special.
We first met when I was 16 and he was 17. I make a joke that I was his stalker, and it's true I looked for him everyday at school, though he had no idea who I was. I asked a mutual friend who he was and hoped I'd get to meet him.
Well I had never believed in love at first sight and in fact had always swore I'd never get married. But obviously someone else had other plans for me because I did fall in love with him as soon as I met him. Not only was he beautiful, he was funny and intelligent. We married a little over 2 years after we met when I was 18 and he was 19 and have been married almost 44 years and the longer we're together the more I know how lucky I am to have him.
This is a picture of him with our daughter April taken in DC this Spring. I'm counting on 44 more Father's Days with him so I can keep telling him how much he means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...