Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Gypsy Wagon



Among other things that Mac gave me for our anniversary he gave me a Gypsy Wagon that he had made for me.  It was so sweet it almost made me cry!  You wonder why a Gypsy Wagon would cause that kind of reaction, well,  I'll try to explain.
When I was a little, and not so little girl, and I was being naughty, or simply annoying my Mother, she would tell me that if I wasn't good the Gypsies would come and carry me off.
Flash forward to a 17 year old me and who do I meet?  Mac, whose Grandfather was a "Gitano" which is the Spanish word for Gypsy!  So my Mother's prophesy came true, although I don't think I was very bad.  But  a real, live, beautiful Gypsy came and carried me off!  And now after 44 years he's made me a wagon to finish our journey in.  I think that's pretty special.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful -- can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gypsy story and the wagon is beautiful as is your love story. I want to go to Cumberland Island now, too! I'm ready to come for a visit, so let me know when you are available...I can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come any time I'll make myself available. Really want to see you!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...