Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away, Not!

An apple a day may keep the Doctor away, but it won't do anything about the drawer full of pills I have.  I have a friend whose husband says she takes a pill a day for every year they've been married, and they've been married more than 35 years.  I'm not quite that bad, but I take more than I'd like.
More than 10 years ago they discovered that I had high cholesterol and they've been feeding me pills for it  ever since.  I'm not a big meat eater, never have been, I love my veggies, and as an Irishman I have to have my potatoes which make me fat, but shouldn't add to my cholesterol level.  I walk at least 2 miles each day and I measure nearly everything I eat, but I still have high cholesterol.  So they put me on Niacin until it made me sicker than a dog, so I was switched to Zocar until it began to make me sick and then it was Lipitor to which they added Zetia, which they decided was worse for you than high cholesterol, so they upped my Lipitor.  Which is why I was up early today, I had to have a fasting blood test.
I'm now taking more Lipitor than I ever wanted to take and they had to ease me into this level because it kept making me sick, so if my  cholesterol  levels aren't what they want them to be they can just add an apple a day to my pill inventory because I'm not taking any more medications!

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...