Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting On A Friend

Yes She Can Walk Like an Egyptian
Yes I know that's an old Stone's song, but that's what I'm doing.  A friend I haven't seen in 20 years is coming over.  Patty and I met when we were both in the Education Program at Augusta College in the late 80's.  She was in her early 20's and I was in my early 40's trying to finish college after I'd been taking classes  20 years.
We were very different, she was young, I was old, she was a devout Baptist, I don't know what the heck I was, she had a young child, mine was in college.  But none of that seemed to matter, we laughed at the same things, hated the same professors, both couldn't wait to become teachers.
Well after a year of teaching Mac and I decided to leave Georgia and go home to California, Patty said she drive one of our cars to California for us.  So off to California Mac and I went to buy a house, but while we were gone Patty got engaged, so no trip to California for her.
We tried to stay in touch, but she and her young family moved around, new babies were added, her husband became a minister and along the way we lost touch.
Then last year she found me on Facebook.  Well I'm back in Georgia and she's in South Carolina and today she's driving down, except her car got wonky and so she is going to rent a car, except the man who rents them doesn't come in till noon, so here I am waiting on  a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...