Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Down the Garden Path

I worked out in the garden today, under an umbrella, for the first time time in forever.  The heat has just been oppressive. and though it's not as hot today it is very humid.  When I get to complaining too much about the weather  I have to stop and remind myself that we live in a swamp and if we have swampy weather there's a good reason.
Anyway, after weeding I wandered around the yard to see how things were holding up.  The Rose of Sharon was the only plant I saw that actually seems to be enjoying the weather.




 Mac's sunflowers, though not blooming yet, are doing well, as are the multitude of Zinnias that seed themselves every year.



Mac caught a fish while I was out there.





And Miss Kitty, dragging her leash behind her, was hot on the trail of a lizard.




Earlier today when we'd headed out on our walk the Lantana was so covered in butterflies you could hardly see the flowers, now it's just too hot.
I snapped a picture of the Bougainvillea on the front porch and headed in to get my suit and go swimming.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bliss! I always wanted to live in a house with a porch and a swing..tell me there's a swing!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...