Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cookies, Cookies Everywhere!

Today was baking day so I made 2 batches of sugar cookie dough which are now chilling in the refrigerator,  so then I started on the chocolate chip cookies.  Now that may sound a little strange, chocolate chip cookies at Christmas, but these cookies are so good and so addicting that I'm only allowed to make them at Christmas time.  I made about 8 dozen and I'm betting they don't last the week.
I got the recipe for them from my paternal Grandmother Lola, who was about the least grandmotherly person I ever met.  Outside of this recipe the only thing I can ever remember her giving me was a piece of advice: don't sit on the drain in the tub it will suck you down.  Nice lady.
Anyway here's the recipe for the cookies.

One package of yellow or white cake mix
1/2 cup cooking oil
2tbls water
2 eggs
1/2 package of chocolate chips

Mix the first 4 ingredients together then fold in the chocolate chips
Drop by spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet
Bake  in a 350 degree oven till the bottoms turn brown, the cookies themselves won't get very dark.
These cookies will melt in your mouth.

Now if I could find my cookie cutters, and Mac and I both have torn the house apart---oh Christmas pig where are you!--I'd do the sugar cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...