Monday, September 26, 2011

Antiques and Collectables

Child's Tea Service
When not sightseeing, going for walks, painting or indulging in pub grub we hit the antique stores looking for things in our price range that will fit in our suitcases.  I shipped some furniture home last year and decided to be a bit more frugal this year.
There are several shops we try and visit each time we go to England, The Station Mill and Silent Woman in Chipping Norton, the Barn in Long Marsden, Hungerford Antique Arcade, Marlborough Parade Antique Center, the Shed near Mickleton, the Fox in Stow in the Wold and the Lechlade Antique and Collectable Arcade as well as Jubilee Hall in Lechlade.
This year I was looking for vintage material and embroidery, kitchenalia and as always, Victorian glass.  Mac collects other bits and I'll talk about them tomorrow, as well as the gorgeous fruit bowl set he bought me for our anniversary.
I was extremely lucky and found loads of stuff and thought I'd share some pictures of my finds.


Hand-painted Compote



Wine pitcher and Glasses


Vintage Child's Dress


Pewter and Blue Glass Pepper Pot




Vintage Egg Cups



Tiny Compote

4 comments:

  1. Ah,it's nice to be back to reading blogs again! Your finds are delightful as always..love the china tea set. Looks like you had an amazing time. We have some good friends moving down your way in a month or so, I'll give you a call if I get to come help them move. They'll be living in HInesville for a little while, but want to buy a house somewhere else around there I think. I told her how you always do the most interesting things, so she's suppose to check out your blog and see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooo good to hear from you, hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry but that is not a child's tea service.
    It is an old English Coffee Pot, a cream jug & sugar basin with lid, the small coffee cups were the standard size serving- in my youth.
    Teapots are globular & Coffee pots were always tall & slender
    For reference see: Beautiful Old Coffee Pot And Cups With A Drawing Royalty Free ...
    www.123rf.com/photo_7465684_beautiful-old-coffee-pot-and-cups-...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks bigger in the picture than it is, I do think it's a child's set, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...