Friday, September 2, 2011

September

Ah, September my favorite month, yes I'm a day late, but September is very forgiving.  I've always loved  September, when I was a child  because I was always anxious to start school again, not because I loved school, but I liked getting caught up with friends I hadn't seen over the holidays.
When I was a teacher I enjoyed the start of the new school year, getting to know my students, seeing friends again, the start of a new routine.
Now I love September because the weather starts to get a little cooler, I can work in my garden, stop running from fan to fan to keep from melting, cook interesting meals instead of keeping it so light it's not very interesting.
But best of all I love September because our wedding anniversary is in September, and this year we'll have our 46th, it's gone so quickly, I know that sounds like a cliche, but it's true.  Mac and I have grown up together, been best friends and lovers forever, and yet we're still those 2 young kids who fell in love and got married.  We get a special treat for our anniversary this year, but that's something I'll share later.
And the last reason I love September is because my birthday is in September.  This year I'll be celebrating the 35th anniversary of my --th birthday.  LOL!  I can't believe how old I am, when I was young, very young, there was no tv, no color tv till I was grown, no microwave ovens, no computers, no cds, dvds, cassette players, MTV, 24 hour tv, cell phones, bottled water, no automatic washing machines or dryers, no dishwashers, houses had 1 bathroom if they had any, families had 1 car, Moms didn't work outside the home, no jet airplanes, people traveled by bus or train, a very different world, some ways better, many ways not, but I imagine each generation has felt that way.
So welcome September.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bride and handsome groom, you look so happy,it comes as no surprise that you're together still.
    Hope your anniversary this year is wonderful and happy birthday too for later in the month.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you both a happy anniversary and to you Janet a happy birthday. No wonder you love September so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! September is my favourite month too, like you I have a birthday this month, on Wednesday I'll be 65 which I find quite incredible. Hope you have a lovely day for your birthday too.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...