Thursday, November 3, 2011

Good Bye and Good Riddance

Possibly Possessed by an Evil Spirit
I have fought with you for the last 2 years, you've made what should have been an enjoyable time a time of frustration.  I've tried to work with you, I've tended your parts, bought you good thread and needles, babied you, read all your manuals, studied all your diagrams, had Mac clean all your tiny parts and to no avail.  You couldn't be bothered to sew a simple stitch, so enjoy your trip down the garage stairs.
My new machine got here yesterday and it is so easy, so simple, so user friendly .   No the bobbin is not hidden inside 2 different compartments that have to be disassembled whenever something goes wrong with the bobbin thread.  It's right there in front of me in a see-through compartment that I can get to so easily.  I drop the bobbin in, pull the thread through the threader and I'm done.
My new machine has a metal thread holder that actually fits the machine and doesn't go flying off into space when I'm speeding along.  
I'm nearly half-way done with a Christmas project that I've tried to work on for weeks, if not for a mistake on my part I'd be almost done.
Sewing is a pleasure again and not a torture.  So when you hit the bottom of the stairs, take your manual and hit the road.

My New Machine
Actually I'll be donating it to Goodwill, maybe they can coax it to work, I just like the image of it flying down the stairs.

2 comments:

  1. A new sewing machine is a fun challenge. That said, I hope the two I own [an Elna and a New Home] will 'see me out!' Both are capable of doing things I'll likely never attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new sewing machine looks lovely and sounds as though it's as good as it looks. My machine hasn't come out from under the stairs in years, I've never been a sewer except by hand. My mum was a really good dressmaker as were both my grandmothers but the gene seems to have passed me by:)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...