Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Cactus, Sometimes

My HalloThanksChristKing Cactus
I've written before about my Christmas cactus and thought I mention it again.  I bought it 6 or 7 years ago at Christmas time and it was in full fuschia-colored bloom, it looked glorious.  But unfortunately it's not a reliable Christmas cactus.  Some years it blooms as early as Halloween and some years as late as Martin Luther King Day in January.  This year it has decided to bloom between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it is beautiful, hope the blooms hold on till Christmas.  The one in the laundry room, a white one, is also a little calendar challenged!
Its Partner in Crime

4 comments:

  1. It is so magical when they bloom at Christmas, right on schedule. Then again I would welcome their bloom on any given day.

    Thanks for posting

    Helenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a Christmas cactus, yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been given a tiny cutting from a Christmas cactus. Yours look beautiful. Mine still has a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how many Christmas cacti I've killed over the years. I do not have a green thumb. So the fact that yours are alive after that long is wonderful to me. And what a bonus to have them bloom on time.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...