Friday, February 17, 2012

Thinking of Spring

It's not spring, it's more than a month away, but oh, it's starting to look like it anyway. With temperatures in the high 60's and low 70's the plants don't know what to think.
 The Crocus and Hyacinths are starting to bloom in the garden and I love it.  I think I'd like to have a garden that had only blues, purples and whites in it.
I cleaned around the plants a bit and then went out to look at the Daffodils and Hyacinths by the driveway, along the way the scent of the Paperwhites that Mac planted in the woods is almost overwhelming.
In the greenhouse Mac needs to start thinning out the tomatoes and repotting them.   It's so funny, one of the tomato plants broke almost in two, Mac duck taped it together and it's doing fine, yet another thing duck tape can do.





Is anyone else having trouble getting onto blogs and leaving comments?  It's driving me crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not having any trouble except with the awful new word verification that's appeared. The plain type one is fine but the second one with light and shade and cramped up letters is driving me crazy. It doesn't seem to have occurred to the bright sparks that came up with the idea that older people might have difficulty working out what it says. I frequently have to have two or even three tries. Sorry - rant over:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear on the word verification gripe! Some of them are illegible.

    Such lovely flowers. And young tomato plants! Those are exciting indeed. (Also hooray for duct tape. I'll have to remember that trick as I break a few tomato branches every year.)

    Thanks so much for your kind comments the past week or two. I really appreciated them.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...