Saturday, May 5, 2012

What Were They Thinking?

Every year I order Avon's Skin So Soft insect repellant and sun screen.  It really works well and it's SPF 30 which I need.  So I placed my usual order and waited for it to arrive, using Mac's DEET spray to keep the mosquitoes off in the interim.  When it came I noticed it was in a blue bottle, but didn't really pay a lot of attention because in the past it had come in white or green bottles.  The first time I used it I couldn't believe it, the lotion was blue, bright blue!  I went back online and looked at the description and sure enough it said it would be blue, their new "cool and fabulous" disappearing colored lotion.  I also noticed that it is now listed for less than half its original price.  Well that's because it isn't cool and it doesn't disappear, not completely, it leaves my skin with a blueish tinge, isn't that nice.  So I had to go back online and search the original one I've always used, finally found it.  It'll be nice to not be blue.

1 comment:

  1. Avon 'Skin so Soft' is sold in many of the shops in Ullapool, and people swear it is the best midge repellent ever!
    I'm not sure. It has a very sweet cloying smell and the midges seem to drown on the skin. Last year we tried a new lotion called Smidge. It seemed very good and is recommended by the World Health Organisation.
    If your husband plans on a fishing trip here in the Highlands of Scotland in the summer he will need a good midge repellent!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...