Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Before the Weather Changes

It was 81 here yesterday, broke an 80 year old record, going to be quite warm today too, but Thursday into Friday brings a change, back to to 50's and 60's.  Mrs. Micawber snarkily said I'll have to dig out the winter long johns for that.    I love her pictures of the cold Wisconsin winter, but I'm glad I live in our version of winter here in Georgia.


The garden beds are a mess, but the Hyacinths are coming up, as are the Daffodils.  The Camellia is in full bloom and we're eating lovely fresh peas from the garden.  Definitely can't complain about that.

2 comments:

  1. It's below freezing here! Even temperatures in the 50s and 60s are but a distant dream at the moment:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your winters sound rather like those that we experience in South Africa. Whilst winter is my favourite season there, I like it even more when the temperatures dip below zero and the snows come. It's been fantastic in Britain this week (though as nothing compared with the northern states!)

    ReplyDelete