Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mustn't Grumble, HA!

It was 87˚ here yesterday, working in the garden I sweated enough to fill a small goldfish pond.  Doing my aerobics was even worse.  Then the rains came, and that's a good thing because it washes some to the pollen out of the air, pollen that has been running around 5,500 parts per cubic meter.
So the rains came, the air cooled and today the high is supposed to be 69˚, but it's going to be a real struggle to reach that because it nearly noon and it's only 54˚ and it's not acting like it plans on warming up much more.  Now I know that 54˚ isn't really cold, but compared to 87˚ it is and my bones and joints would be the first ones to tell you so.
But I'll be good and I won't grumble because then it might turn 90˚.

4 comments:

  1. IT must be hard coping with such swings in temperature - think I'd rather have the 80s at the moment after our long cold winter but at best it's only getting into the low 60s at present - perfect gardening temperatures actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still struggling to consistently get into double figures (in degrees Celsisus) over here. We don't know from one day to the next what the weather is going to do (the forecasts over here are never right, so it's almost pointless listening to/reading them!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to think of it, it's not a very large part of the temperature scale that is really comfortable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I just finished a post in which I whined shamelessly about the wind and cold!

    Dawn Treader is right ... I had the same thought myself yesterday.

    Hope things stabilize a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...