Friday, January 16, 2015

New Computer

As predicted my new computer showed up about time for Happy Hour on Wednesday, so about all we did was bring it in the house.  Yesterday we were running all over the place: oil change, donations to Goodwill, pick-up money for a painting Mac sold, go to Kroger's.
So it was this morning before Mac set my I-Mac up.  Of course there's not a whole lot of setting up to an I-Mac, plug it in, connect to internet and off you go.  Most of my time was spent reseting my Bookmarks.  Tomorrow we hook up the new printer and the disc drive, you can no longer just stick a disc in a Mac, you have to have an external device to do that now.  We had the printer and the computer sitting next to each other for a day or so, hoping they could become friends because printers are such fussy little devils and won't just print for anyone.  My retired (with honors) computer has a 19 inch screen and the new one is 21 inches, but much thinner, which I didn't think was possible.  Any thinner and it will be invisible.
I've noticed as I typed this that it doesn't just underline a misspelling, it shows the correct spelling just below the error.  I've made a few errors intentionally just to see what it would do. Like having an English teacher hanging over your shoulder.
Out in the garden the plants are pretending it's not winter and the daffodils are in bloom, while in the laundry room the paper whites are blooming and smelling wonderful.



So flowers in the garden and a new computer inside, life is good.

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Mac - I have the same model too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No new computers on the horizon, but I am looking forward to flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could all pretend it is not winter! Good luck with the new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice! I know you will enjoy it. I have an amaryllis and some paper whites started in the house but they are just sitting there shivering instead of growing because the house is so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun !
    I just got a new computer (apple) but I bought a different monitor. I also bought the tiny keyboard I love it.
    How elegant....Paper Whites in the laundry room !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Mac but I wonder why the new ones don't have a disc drive. Great to see the flowers blooming. Spring is around the corner.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that it is working well for you, I hope that the computer and printer made friends! So lovely that your daffodils are out already! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my iMac it's a 20 inch one a few years old but still going well and the new Yosemite system woks really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are enjoying your new computer- about time I looked into getting one, as this old thing is ready to retire! I know exactly what you mean about printers- do they actually have a mind of their own? Love your flower pictures too, as you say life seems good - it looks like everything is blooming for you!

    Raymond @ CKS Global Solutions LTD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m usually to blogging and i actually appreciate your content. The article has genuinely peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your web page and maintain checking for new details. I am looking for some good blog sites for studying. I was searching over search engines and found your blog site. Well i like your high quality blog site design plus your posting abilities. Keep doing it.
    Tablet service center in chennai | Mobile phone display replacement | Laptop service center in chennai | Mobile battery replacement in chennai | Laptop unlocking service in chennai | Tablet Water damage service in chennai | Mobile phone display replacement

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...