Joining in with Amy, and others, at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday. My choice this week is for the 5 household jobs I absolutely hate. I'm not a big fan of housework to begin with, but some jobs just send me up the wall.
1. I hate dusting, I'd rather clean 10 toilets than dust one room. When our daughter was young and still living at home it was the first job I paid her to do. If it weren't for allergies I'd probable never do it.
2. Cleaning the plantation blinds we have in nearly every window in this house and we have about 23 windows is another job I postpone as long as I can. It takes forever to get them done and I generally do one room at a time, wheezing as I go.
3. Cleaning baseboards is another bugger. We have 6 inch baseboards and it takes forever to clean them. Someone suggested cleaning them with dryer sheets and that does help, but it doesn't help my knees. Even using my garden kneeler my knees have a fit.
4. Putting dishes up is a pill. I could just leave them in the dish drainer, but I like to keep my sink clean and empty so they have to be put up. I have a friend who only uses paper plates because she hates doing dishes, but I don't like paper plates.
5. Mopping the floor wears my back out. There aren't a lot of floors that need mopping in our house , thank goodness, but using a mop makes my back ache. I actually do the kitchen floor on my hands and knees most of the time, my knees don't like it, but my back appreciates it.
So that's my 5, enough whining for awhile.