Friday, July 3, 2015

Five on Friday

Time to join Amy (and others) at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.  Where oh where has my week gone!  Still looking for my diamond, but no luck. We've found 2 places locally that replace stones, so next week we'll probably be doing that.

So, my Five:

First is my table decorated for the Fourth of July.  We won't be home we're off to a Low Country Boil tomorrow.




Second is a pair of spiders Mac made for me, I've been meaning to post about them forever.  At Christmas I ordered a couple of these spiders from Tanya at Dans le Lakehouse  (she has an Etsy shop) and Mac was inspired by them and decided to see if he could make me some.  I love them.





Third is a pair of rather summery/beachy  paintings of mine.  The orange bucket is an oil painting and the other is a water color.  Both hang in the small bathroom that is beachy with paint a sand color, lots of seashells and a lighthouse.






The fourth is Gudetama and friend.  What is a Gudetama you ask?  Well he is Sanrio's latest creation (they're the Japanese makers of Hello Kitty and other critters) and is known as the lazy egg.
Sanrio's egg-turned-mascot character gets its name from a combination of the words "gude" which isa Japanese onomatopoeia for describing something or someone with no energy or strength, and "tama" from the word tamara which mean egg in Japanese.  And of course Gudetama is an egg that has no energy or ambition.  I kept seeing him in posts by our daughter who is living in Japan and I fell in love with him so she sent me a pair.





And the fifth is a photo of 3 very summery bears who sit on the school desk in our living room.  They always make me smile when I go by.










8 comments:

  1. Love the spiders...interesting project! Happy 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bears and your paintings. I do hope your diamond turns up soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why the bears would make you smile they are adorable. I love the beach scene art work and the spiders are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those summery beach paintings especially the second one which reminds me of the buckets and spades I had as a child and the paper flags we used to decorate sand castles. The spiders - well the very thought of them makes me shudder I'm afraid:) Mac's done a good job on them though - they had exactly the effect on me as real spiders do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say - Happy 4th of July! Not an event we celebrate over here! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very wonderful post today.
    Your painting are lovely.
    I hope a Low Country Boil means something like a Lobster Boil ?
    Yummmy.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beachy paintings. Even on a rainy day you have a spot of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All five are great. I do love your paintings. And your table setting is very festive.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...