Saturday, September 12, 2015

Liebster Award

 A while back Marianne of Let's Read awarded me the Liebster Award and told me to take my time answering the questions and I have.  But I'm finally getting around to it.

There are only a few rules to this :
1.     Thank the AMAZING blogger who nominated you.
2.     Answer the 11 questions the nominator provided.
3.     Nominate 11 other blogger who have less than 200 followers
4.     Post 11 different questions for your nominees to answer.
5.     Contact your nominee to let them know that you've nominated.

I do thank Marianne, her blog is always a delight to read, she reviews such interesting book.

So here are the questions I was asked:

1.  Who, what, and /or where does your blogging inspiration come from?

Well I learned about blogging from my friend Patty, she started a blog (she's no longer blogging as she's dealing with Lupus) and I was fascinated.  So I decided to start a blog to serve as a diary for me and to stay in touch with our far-flung family and friends.

2.  What do you like about blogging?

I love how it has introduced me to bloggers all over the world.  I can't wait to read blogs each day.

3.   What was the most meaningful book you've ever read?

This is so hard, but one that has stuck with me through the years, I probably first read it when it came out in the '70s, and that I've recently reread is Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner.  It's about many things, the west, family history, about marriage, and to me, letting go of the past and finding a future. I've read a number of Pulitzer Prize winning books and thought many of them were awful.   This one is wonderful.  I can't recommend it highly enough.

4.   Who is your favorite author?

Impossible to answer with one name.  Jane Austen because she truly understood human nature,
Bill Bryson because he always makes me laugh, Stephan King because he really scares me, A.S. Byatt because of her use of language.  Tomorrow there'll probably be someone else to add to this list.

5.   What is your favorite quote?

It's not from a book, but from a play, Henry V by Shakespeare.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispins Day"

Henry V is one of my heroes and this speech always brings tears to my eyes.

6.  What is your favorite time of year?

Fall, love the weather, the colors, the holidays.  Can't wait for the first cool, crisp day.

7.  If you had to teach a subject at school, what subjects would you be most equipped to teach?

Well I was a teacher for many years and I loved teaching Reading and I think I was a good reading teacher.  As much as I love reading it was a joy to share that with others.  It was a thrill to take a non-reading student, and that happened a lot (even in 3rd grade) and make a reader out of them, and not just a reader, but someone who loved books.

8.   What is the best thing about you?

I don't know, my sense of humor maybe.

9.   If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Now that's easy, blue, that's the color I wear the most anyway, all shades of it though Periwinkle is probably my favorite shade.

10.   What was the last movie you watched, was it good?

We rewatch a number of movies:  St. Trinian's, RED, etc.  But the last movie we had from Netflix was Kingsmen with Colin Firth, a bit raunchy, but funny

11.  What did you want to be when you were a child?

I don't remember what I wanted to be as a child, but as a teenager I wanted to be a lawyer because I like to argue.


Now my new questions are:

1.  What jobs have you had, which did you like best?

2.  What are some of your favorite books?

3.  What's the best vacation you've ever had, why?

4.  If you could meet any author, living or dead who would it be?

5.  Is cooking something you do because you have to or because you enjoy it and what's your favorite thing to cook?

6.   If you could live in any country other than your own which would it be?

7.   What's your favorite non-working activity?

8.   What's your favorite holiday?

9.   If money were no object, what would you buy for yourself?

10.  Do you have pets?

11.  Favorite opening line from a book.


I enjoy all the blogs I read and find it impossible to pick out 11 for this award.  If you want to answer these questions, feel free to, I'd love to read your answers.

3 comments:

  1. Well deserved congratulations on the award!! Lovely to read some more about you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I'm Pat from southern California and I just discovered your wonderful blog via Five on Friday. I've signed up to be a follower, too! I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I'm late with commenting on your post. I am glad you liked being nominated. It took me ages to write my post, so no problem with reading yours now. ;)

    Anyway, I still really enjoy your blog and am happy to have chosen you for one of the Liebster award recipients.

    Happy New Year,
    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...