Saturday, October 24, 2015

Saturday

As always Mac has been busy outside getting things done as the weather cools (marginally, it's in the 80's today).  He is cleaning our wooden deck with a power washer we borrowed from a friend.  The deck gets dirty, has mildew and looks grey and ugly.  Today it gets clean and boy doesn't it look better.  Then tomorrow we'll get stain for it.
And what was I doing while Mac was working?  I was playing the Marriage of Figaro by Mozart on the piano.  That was until I got to the part, in my mind, when the priest asks if their are any impediments to the marriage and Miss Kitty stepped up, put her paw down on the keys and said. " No more."  So I quit and went off to download some music for my Mp3 player and I do that so infrequently that in-between times I forget how to get the music from I-Tunes to my Mp3 player.  Eventually I figure it out and finish up.
Until lunch time I have some crafty projects to work on.  Hope you're having a good Saturday, it's beautiful here.

11 comments:

  1. Your deck and pool look very inviting. How naughty of Miss Kitty to interrupt your playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fall chore is turning off the pool heater!
    hahahaha !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have a power washer, there is such a difference between the cleaned part of your deck and the part that is still to be done. Our decking wood is a bit mucky but it is meant to be a silvery colour, giving it a weathered look. I have no concept of Fahrenheit but it still looks warm in your parts of the world (going by the clothing). Enjoy your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Power washing is a hard job! The result looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Mac! The deck looks really good where he's washed it. My Saturday wasn't anything like as productive:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous deck! And how nice to be able to play the piano the way you do, even if your feline audience isn't always appreciative.

    Hope the crafts went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It did seem like summer was back yesterday, and today too. I bet you both jumped in the pool as soon as the deck cleaning was done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have to power wash our decking every Sprung. It's lethal otherwise. Your pool looks very inviting, I must say x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you must be a good pianist! that music sounds really difficult! I guess the cat doesn't help :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, in the 80's, we are now having the wood burner lit in the evenings!! Be careful on that decking in the winter!! x

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...