Thursday, December 10, 2015

Time For a Break

Now that I've caught up on the gift wrapping it was time to catch up on the house cleaning.  You'd think it would have had the courtesy to stay clean while I was holed up in one one room working, but no, it all went to pieces, but I've beat it back into submission.  Floors have been swept and swiffered, and actually shine again.
The linens on our daughter's bed have been changed, the bed itself has been polished, the stairs to upstairs have been vacuumed, the bathroom up there has been sorted, now we just need her.  And she'll be in Monday night.  I'm counting hours.
Tomorrow is sugar cookie time, my favorite.  I'm afraid Miss Kitty was not much help with the cleaning, she says that's not her area of expertise.  So she found a puddle of sunshine and napped, not even the vacuum could move her.
Now it's time to go fight with Pachebel, I fear he has defeated me for another year.

8 comments:

  1. I have been ignoring the housework, I will do it next week after we decorate this weekend! Hope that you had a good rest! Enjoy your daughter coming!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exhausted just reading this ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this time of year I make so many messes and clean up one area just to mess up another. It sounds like you must be nearly ready if you are shining and polishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved reading your post and hearing about how everything is ready for your dear one. I think that's what makes the holidays special. My dear daughter and my son in law and grandchildren Live about 15 minutes away but when the holidays arrive they spend the night at our home. It makes for a wonderful Christmas celebration. My best to you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first year I have been so far behind.
    Don't get sick in October then fall in November ! What a mess.

    Glad Daughter will be home soon !
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! I started decorating today...but I cleaned yesterdaym I will be decorating a few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news that your daughter will be home soon. Enjoy your time together. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It warms my heart to know that you'd go to such trouble to make the house welcoming for your daughter. You're a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...