Not much crafting, not much cooking, not much doing anything, too hot, too hot, too hot.
So what have I been up to?
1. Well way more time than I expected to spend has been spent on the England in the Time of Richard III class that I'm taking from the University of Leicester.
This week focused on the development of written language and the first books. I learned far too much about the printed alphabet. I mean look at this, can you read it, would you want to?
2. I now know about ascenders, descenders, bowls, serifs, headlines, baselines, majuscule and minusule. And now that I know that what more do I know about England in the time of Richard III?
3. I did learn the Richard owned a number of books including: De Re Militari (concerning military matters, Vegecye of Dedes of Knyhthode (Deeds of Knighthood) and Historia Regem Britanniae (History of the Kings of Britain)
4. I've learned that he could read French, English and Latin as well as speaking all 3.
He was obviously well educated.
5. And I've learned that way too many people still think Richard III is the monster that Shakespeare made him appear.
That was my week, how was yours? Do join the others at Five on Friday.