Saturday, January 23, 2016

Pooh!

And I'm not talking about the bear.  I've been working all month on a Christmas throw that should have been done before Christmas.  My goal is to have it done before the end of January.  I've been making good progress.  I just need to finish the last set of red, white and green.  I'm 2 rows in on the red, need 6 more rows and I'm almost through with the ball of yarn I've been using.  But no problem, the last time we were at A.C. Moore (our local craft store) I picked up a skein of red so I'd have plenty to finish with.
Except I picked up a skein of very tomatoy red and the red I've been using is more of a carroty red. So I had to stop.  I can get to A.C. Moore tomorrow and I'm taking the little ball of red with me and praying that I can match it.
If not I'm not sure what I'll do.  Shorten the throw?  Use the wrong red?  Put it away and search the internet for a better match.
Pooh I say, pooh!
This is the color I've been using, it's more orangey than the picture shows

This is what I bought

Here's the two together

16 comments:

  1. I think I'd be really daring and use bright yellow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new skein of Red Heart looks like a pair of slippers, to me. Good luck at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck matching reds !
    Try to finish it the way you wanted or you will always be disappointed.
    It looks very pretty.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you can find the exact color of yarn on ebay or etsy. It's worth a try. Wishing you the best, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented..... I can only knit dishcloths....needless to say I have a drawer full. HaHa

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so annoying when that happens. I hope you do manage to get the correct colour
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear - this sort of thing is so frustrating - especially after all the work you have put into it so far. Good luck with finding a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How blinking frustrating, I do hope you can find it in the same shade. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you haven't given up on finishing it. Looking forward to the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you find that you can match the colour - if not, and you are happy with the length of the throw then I would finish it - don't do as Jenny suggests and add bright yellow LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, isn't that annoying. Never mind, I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect solution!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, dear how irritating. I hope you can find some more of the right red:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, difficult. I think I'd just cut short the throw. It's gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hard to tell the colour difference on my screen... Wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that you can find the right colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How frustrating. I hate when that happens. Maybe try ordering online from a place like Herrschners if you can't find the right one in the store. Your throw is looking really nice!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...