Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday

It's huge!  I tried to show all 4 flowers, but just got the two.  We like it so much we're looking to grow one a month to add color to the laundry room.
Another lose in the music world, Glen Frey.  We've always been Eagle fans and have owned most of their albums/cds.  Just recently we've been watching a documentary about them that is streaming on Netflix.  January has been a cruel month.
Chilly, but beautiful here today, bright blue sky.  Mac is outside, but I'm going to drag him in soon.  Too long outside and he'll be coughing his head off even though he is taking his allergy medication.
Lots of blogs talking about eating healthier, getting more exercise, trying to lose some weight.  It's hard.  I lost a bit of weight, 25 lbs., but slowly but surely it has come back.  Am I eating more, no, am I exercising less, no----2 miles of walking every day and working out to an aerobics tape every day--, what's different?  From books I've read my body has simply adjusted to what I've done and stored more weight to compensate for it.  Very discouraging.
I watch the amount of fat, sugars and carbohydrates we eat, but I fear it's just a game.
Then add in the fact that nearly every medication I take says that one of its side effects is weight gain.
I think I'll just do the best I can and remember it's only a number.

16 comments:

  1. I was chuckling about the allergies, then thought about leaf mold all the way through December, and sunshine on the snow makes me sneeze. It's something everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your amaryllis. We have been lucky two years in a row with ours but so far this year nothing..probably will flower in June! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. My scale says I gained 4 pounds in 3 days! Then in a few days it will be back to where it was, and for no reason I've ever been able to figure out. Losing weight as we get older is not easy, that's for sure.

    I hope your hubby is okay--mine is in and out, in and out, several times an hour. No worries about carbon monoxide here with the doors hanging open all day long lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely amaryllis to brighten the winter days. Maybe if I put away my knitting needles and replaced it with exercise I could be healthier. Have a great day, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Liked the Eagles too and now they will never sound the same. He was such a good songwriter. Your flower is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've added a few pounds in the last few weeks and I know I should walk more. I must take some action soon to do something about it. The flowers are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to have a bright red amaryllis around the house during the winter months too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same over Christmas - always put on a few pounds. Always hard to shift!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can recommend catching the virus that has been going round here, stay in bed for two days vomiting and eating nothing, then proceed to eating very little over Christmas. Harsh but effective and you go into the new year feeling rather smug though with a lot of chocolates to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard when you're on medication which has weight gain as a side effect, it can be like fighting a losing battle. I don't have any excuse for my weight gain, just lack of willpower. The amaryllis is gorgeous, Eleanor bought me a bulb for Christmas which I've just set off so it souldn't take too long to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty amaryllis. I don't have one this year but our poinsettia is still as pretty as the day we got it a couple weeks before Christmas! I wonder how long it will last.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Amaryllis is lovely.
    All of my meds have that weight gain problem too ! I despise it !
    acckkkkkkk !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  13. So true about weight...I battle it all the time two. When I had my gall bladder attacks and surgery in 2011 I lost 30 lbs. half of it has creeped back on my body....Since I love to bake and cook, it's always a battle.. But who wants to be skin and bones? HaHA...A liittle insullation is good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Amaryllis is beautiful. I've never seen one with blooms that big! I had lost eight pounds and just knew I had totally changed my ways...I was eating small amounts and healthier foods...so how did I all of a sudden get right back to my old self without even realizing. It is a constant battle!!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...