Friday, February 19, 2016

Five on Friday

It's going to be a quick one  today because we have to hitch up the horses and head into town to grocery shop---and I hate grocery shopping.  Love to eat, like cooking, so there you are.
It's been beautiful here this week, not like February at all.  So a tour of the yard.


One:  
 First stop is in the garden, my hyacinths are starting to bloom, so pretty.  And my reading fairy is sitting next to the clematis waiting for it to bloom and she'll have a long wait because it doesn't bloom till August.







Two:  This is a gazing ball that my sister gave me and it hangs in the wooded side of our yard.  Not quite sure of its purpose, but I like its look.


Three:  Next is the view of the lagoon  at the back of the yard.  Not much activity yet, not warm enough, but soon the turtles will be around and then the alligator.


Four: Are the cabbages, they're finally forming heads and of course, caterpillars found them, but were quickly evicted.  Next are the Fava beans.  In front are ones from American seeds, in the back from seeds we brought back from England.  The English ones are covered in blossoms.






Five:  Are the Azaleas blooming much too soon.  Spring will come and there'll be none of them.




And just because I can, some roses growing in the greenhouse.


Do going in with Amy at Love Made My Home on this the 1st Anniversary of Five on Friday.











21 comments:

  1. You have a lovely garden. I'm intrigued with the alligator; very exciting. Have a great weekend, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the tout of your yard. I love the reading fairy. Hope the shopping wasn't too tedious, Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy having alligators at the bottom of your backyard. Scary! I love the thought of you hitching up the horses to go into town. Have a good weekend. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does look spring like with you! The garden is coming along well but your roses in the greenhouse are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, envious of your signs of spring... Snowing here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is doing wonderfully well! So many lovely things growing so well and looking pretty! I can only imagine the purpose of a gazing ball is to gaze at it so you are doing the right thing! Thank you so much for joining in the anniversary of Five On Friday, I really do appreciate it so much! Have a good weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so awful poison type critters that I do not like, but alligators.... um NO ! Give me a Mountain Lion or Bobcat any time !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy a peek at spring from others, we'll see some sprouts by mid-April. The reading fairy caught my eye, I have the same one I put out every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A reading fairy in the garden is one thing but alligators? That could be tricky. I enjoyed your post.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful Five! Your garden looks so romantic and beautiful. I love especially your pink azalea. :) Here we still have at least one foot of snow and more coming.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time you've posted about your garden I'm in awe and cannot get enough of it. Brilliant post Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is lovely! I have a gazing ball too but it's much smaller than yours they are very pretty. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the opportunity to look around your garden. I've enjoyed wandering through the trees stopping to look at the garden ornaments, the veggie plot and what's happening in the greenhouse. Lovely blooms and hopefully you'll have lots of beans and greens to enjoy. Also love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a lovely stroll through your garden. Won't be long until it is filled with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a lovely stroll through your garden. Won't be long until it is filled with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like spring's come early in your garden though lots of things are blooming early here too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful garden! I love the hyacinths. I bet it will all be lovely in the spring. I'm going to try to grow some vegetables in pots in our yard this year. The soil is terrible here so I don't think I could make a go of anything in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have so much already blooming in your gardens and looking lovely! That little bridge over to the lagoon looks so quaint, but whenever you mention the alligator, it gives me shivers at the back of my neck! I can't even stand still when I see a snake, I can't imagine the reaction an alligator would give me coming across that bridge!! Enjoy your garden ... ha ha!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your yard looks like a beautiful art&natural exhibition. I really enjoyed your tour :)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...