Monday, May 23, 2016

Winter Work Done in Summer

It should have been done months ago.  We had the paint, we had the rollers, but every time it came right down to it I postponed it.  We haven't painted the laundry room, it looks the same as when we moved in, but worse.  The paint in this house, and it was a custom built house, was worse than builder grade, in fact I've always said the place looked like it was primed white and left.
So today was going to be the day, to quote Oasis, we were finally going to paint the laundry room.  We got out brushes, paint, rags and sort of a roller, the only one Mac could find was a teeny, tiny one about 4 inches long.  We had 3 brand new roller covers, but nothing to hold them.  Mac said we could wait until we got the right size roller holder or use the teeny, tiny one.  I was not going to put it off any longer, so we dragged the dryer away from the wall and got to work.  Surprisingly enough the teeny, tiny roller did the job.
Mac is in there now finishing up trim, but it's done and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
Kitty's bathroom is next, but not this week, it's supposed to be 90ª by Wednesday.
What I thought I'd be painting with.

What I actually painted with, half the size and not nearly as fluffy.




More or less done, waiting for it to dry so we can put things back in.

16 comments:

  1. Don't you feel good when you finish a job which you have been putting off? Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a similar thing happened to me when I painted a book case with Annie Sloan , I paid a small fortune for the matching brush but actually, a little roller was better. I know what you mean about builder's paint, we live in a new build too. Your laundry room is looking lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I actually envy you...I've still got crumbling bare plaster walls to deal with and false ceilings to take down. Painting will be a blessed relief. Mind you, we have yet to start any of that at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more job to tick off the list. Well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done ... and aren't paint rollers terrific... a good invention I think.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. My granddaughters are experts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A job well done, I bet you feel a whole lot better for completing the dreaded task.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be so nice in there now !
    Good for you to keep on track !

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always satisfying to finally do a job that you've been putting off for ages. When you get down to it it's invariably nothing like as bad as you expected it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed about the teeny tiny roller but it did the job and now it's all done and spiffy. You're gonna just love doing laundry now, right???
    Really, 90 by We'd.? I've enjoyed the last two days so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Job well done. Bet it feels great to have it done. While my friend from NY was here...our Sunny CA weather turned overcast...go figure. She home, and now we get the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so fresh and clean! Good job! Now come and paint mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well the litle roller did its job and it all looks wonderful. Bet it feels good to have finally got the work done:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always a good feeling when you get some decorating done, especially when you've been putting it off. I leave all the decorating to Mick, though Eleanor's always happy to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Itlooks wonderful, so fresh and clean.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...