Friday, April 28, 2017

Hello Friday

You use to mean so much more to me, now it means that all my neighbors will be home for 2 days and while I have good neighbors it does mean that every machine designed to mow, shape or blow your lawn will be in use and it won't be as quiet here.  Boy aren't I getting fussy in my old age.  I do remember how precious the weekend was, it's just that Monday-Friday is now my weekend.
My Gladiolas have started blooming and they're the prettiest color, just love them.
Gladiolas with red roses in the background
Today was cleaning day oh frabjous day.  Mac gave the microwave, the cabinets above it and the stove a good cleaning.  I fry virtually nothing, don't cook with oil and yet things get greasy.  I did laundry and mopped floors, oh aren't we a good team.  Miss Kitty just watched and wondered why we just didn't lick it.
I sold a painting this week.  Always a pleasant surprise, I'm use to Mac selling, but I have sold a couple this year too.




We've  passed warm and moved into hot here, it was 90º yesterday and is supposed to be 91º today, but it was already about 70º at 7 am this morning,  so no telling how hot it will get.  Mac has watered the garden, but says things are wilting anyway.  Weather lady says it's going to be very humid too, my bones could have told her that.

Have been fighting with our local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).  We sold our second car back in January and cancelled the insurance on it.  We got a letter from the DMV saying we were being fined $80 something dollars for cancelling our insurance unless we'd sold the car or taken it out of commission.  I signed the back of the form stating yes that we'd sold the car.  Last week I got the same form back again,  filled it in again and put in a cover letter telling them we'd sold the car to the dealer who had originally sold it to us.  
Got a call saying I had to prove I'd sold it or I'd be fined.  Couldn't find the paperwork from the dealer, had them send us a copy of it to us.  I've now mailed that to the DMV and put in a letter saying if they have any more questions about the car to contact the dealer, not us, we don't own the car.
Found such a sweet bunny picture and asked Mac to paint it for me and he has it almost finished.  Isn't it cute.




20 comments:

  1. I don't work now but I still love it when the weekend comes round, it means that Mick's at home with me. I'll probably feel the same as you once he's at home with me during the week though. Well done on the sale, it's a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paperwork - I hsve rathr a lot of it at present as I am the joint executor of the farmer's will - and what a terrible chore it all is - and so tiring, so I sympathise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your sale! Wish I could still do artwork, sigh. Love Mac's bunnies, cute. My days all blend together as DH's days shift around, I don't always know what day it is.
    Yep, that warm humid weather is on its way here too. Not looking forward to that, at all.
    DMV is kinda in your business, isn't it. Big Brother ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to have lost all track of time and wonder what day it is of late. I was thrilled to hear of your recent sale, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks so pretty. I know what you mean about weekends, they can get very noisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bureaucracy can be so very very annoying at times - try to keep cool regardless of the weather and the DMV



    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. My hubs retired briefly, but then a job landed in his lap so back to work for a few more years he went. We used to say every day is Saturday, so we'd call them Mondaysaturday, Tuesdaysaturday : ) Congrats on the sale of your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodstuff on the art front! And Mac's bunnies are stunning. Don't you just despair of mindless bureaucrats? And they're everywhere. Until the revolution, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to live here in Arizona (except for the huge fire near me ) the DMV here is so nice. After dealing with the California DMV and all the crazy people in huge lines, everything here is so easy. Sorry you are having so much trouble.

    Love all the artwork on your blog today.
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you about selling a painting! I have to agree with angryparsnip's comment, the DMV (called ADOT here) in Arizona has been a pleasant experience. I don't know why some states make it impossible to get the work completed that the DMV needs to get done and cause harassment to those trying to get the work done. No retirement days here, so Monday through Friday is still the "official work week" here and Saturday and Sunday the "official weekend days."

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a relaxing day today. No more annoying communications from the DMV would help. The gladioli look beautiful. It's good to hear about the artwork sales. All the paintings that you share on the blog are charming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are Monday to Friday 'weekenders' too and tend to stay close to home and away from crowds at the weekend. I remember that Friday feeling when I was at school and then work, I loved and relished Saturdays then but now they are just another day. I hope you have finally sorted everything out about the car, I get irritated with things like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember when Sunday was a day of rest... whatever happened to change it? You are a talented couple, I love the bunny pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your gladiolas are beautiful! Congratulations on selling a painting! We are still both working, so weekends still have meaning for us, but unfortunately they usually involve work of some sort: housework, yardwork, paperwork... Have a lovely "real" weekend! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous colour your gladiolas are, they look beautiful. Congratulations on selling a painting too.

    Of course it's a three day Bank Holiday weekend in the UK and I can hear the sounds of lawn mowers!

    I hope you do enjoy your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. We feel the same way about weekends. Too much traffic, too many people at the beach, even the grocery store, so we enjoy them M-F when all the people go back to work. I love your painting. Not surprising at all someone else did, too!
    Stay cool. A few more days of this ahead and then things are supposed to get less humid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Because I am busy Tuesday-Thursday, I count Friday as my Saturday, the day to get errands and chores done. I try to never shop on Saturdays, leaving that day for the people who work and have no other time to shop and do errands. I remember getting exasperated with little old ladies in the shops, on Saturdays, who moved so slowly or who parked their carts in the middle of aisles. I would always mutter to myself about why didn't they shop on weekdays when the rest of us were at work and promised myself to do that when I retired. So, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glads already! We got above freezing today but it was still chilly! No snow today :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on selling a painting!

    My husband and I are both working, so the weekend is for catching up with work around the house. Luckily, we started using a "lawn guy" about a year ago, so at least we don't have to deal with that chore. I keep telling myself if we just did 15, 20 minutes worth of cleaning and stuff every evening, we wouldn't have that Saturday morning cleaning marathon and could do fun stuff instead. For some reason, it never seems to work out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Somehow I didn't realise you were a painter too! Congratulations on your sale! Hope that you sort the DMV out!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...