Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday, Monday

Well Easter was a delight, great meal if I do say so myself-lamb chops, roast veggies, deviled egg and a cake with whipped cream and bananas. Love lamb, but it's so rich.
Mac picked me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from the garden, looked like they came from a flower shop.  Also need to mention that my snowball tree is in bloom.  I planted it about 11 years ago, it was just a stick, now each spring it's glorious.
After working in the garden last week I had to get caught up on housework and ironing today, not fun and not the least bit satisfying.  After you work in the garden you have lovely flowers and veggies to look forward to.  After cleaning house all you have to look forward to is it getting dirty again.
Watched a good movie last night, Arrival with Amy Adams.  It's about first contact and though I have a few quibbles with it, overall I think it was excellent.
Also finished my Iris Murdoch book last week, The Sea, The Sea   It will not doubt land on my top 10 list for the year.  The story of a retired actor/director who retires to the sea and encounters the lost love of his life.  But it's more than just that, a bit about what is real and what is not and how true are our memories, I theme I always find intriguing.  I'll be looking forward to more of her books.







15 comments:

  1. That's a lovely bouquet. It's nice to be able to have your own cut flowers in your house.
    Son saw the Arrival, said he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac picked you the most beautiful bouquet.
    Never heard of a Snow ball tree be have Bottlebrush trees/bushes her beside red we have a pink also. Have you seen them ?
    We wanted to see Arrival at home. Sounds very good.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our neighbors have bottlebrush trees, only in red as far as I've seen.

      Delete
  3. Mac is a very thoughtful husband to you - flowers from the garden are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely home and day with us. I agree with you on Arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the Easter weekend and your flowers are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious to know more about the snowball tree. Love the flowers, so nice to be able to bring some in from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Snowball Tree is a Viburnum, most people grow Viburnum bushes, but I had agree.

      Delete
  7. Lovely bouquet! I'm so happy you had a wonderful Easter holiday. Enjoy your week, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had a nice Easter, Janet. I hope you're having a good week so far too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little Beagle is cute as can be! You are so right about housework! I had never thought about it that way. I love being in the garden. I pulled the vacuum cleaner out at 6:30 this morning and it is still sitting in the middle of the living room floor. I decided to work outside. Here it is 4:30!! Glad you had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Easter meal sounds delicious.
    Those flowers are lovely, great colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Mac's beagle painting ... so cute :)
    Glad you had a nice Easter dinner. I'm not a fan of lamb, and we had roast beef in the crock pot. Yum!
    I saw this movie a while ago, but it seemed a bit unrealistic that they suddenly figured out the language from ink spots. The book sounds intriguing and I'm going to add it to my list! Thanks for the recommendation. Enjoy your week Janet!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to ask about the snowball tree, too, and then I see that Valerie beat me to it. Now I have to go google Viburnum.

    Arrival is on my list to see; I've heard some people say it was too confusing. Glad to hear someone liked it.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...