Friday, July 14, 2017

It's Friday

To all the working folk TGIF, I know my daughter feels that way.  She's off to celebrate her birthday weekend in Nagoya, Japan.  We'll Skype her Tuesday and she'll open her birthday presents we sent.
Things went well at the Dermatologist.  What I thought was an ugly black mole turned out to be an ugly brown Seborrheic keratose.  So she quickly whipped out the liquid nitrogen and burned it off.
Yesterday was a low energy day, little was done except survive the heat.
Today is hot again, but we started the air conditioning earlier and I have a bit more energy.
Mac took a bunch of photos out in the yard so I thought I'd share some.

This is a Zebra butterfly.  They're a tropical and use to just be an occasional  visitor, but now they're always here.  They love the Lantana.

This is a long-tailed Skipper, it's a native.








Another native, the Gulf Fritillary

Not my favorite lizard, it's a 3-line skink, I prefer the little green anoles.





Mac got me an Arbor for Christmas and put it out in the garden this spring.  We now have Morning Glories and Wisteria growing on it.






Out in the lagoon Mac has his Armored Battalion and he keeps them well fed.




Hope you have a great weekend.
















19 comments:

  1. How did people ever survive the many decades before A/C or electric fans? 15 minutes outside in hot and humid weather and I'm 'done.'
    I've sometimes seen a Zebra butterfly here, but either didn't find an ID--or I forgot its name. I like the detailing of the shells in Mac's painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think earlier it was not so hot, due to global warming the temperature is soaring up day by day.. :( :( :(

      Delete
  2. Wonderful shots! Amazing wildlife you have. Yes, TGIF, looking forward to Mrs B getting home and cooking a curry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planted a new plant this afternoon, which was said to attract butterflies - five minutes later there was a butterfly on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased that the black mole was nothing for you to worry about. Love the look of that Gulf Fritillary it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all is well for you. Hope your daughter has a great birthday, happy birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Each year they get older seems to make us feel more than that much older.
    Cool butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEautiful photos--we don't have those two butterflies, they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you'll have a great time over Skype...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those moles are scary things, aren't they? Your photos are just gorgeous!!1
    Hope your daughter enjoys the trip. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture of the butterfly! Sending early birthday wishes to your daughter!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too and that your daughter has a great Birthday. Our eldest daughter and the boys arrive Tuesday, exciting times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the mole was nothing to worry about, You have some wonderfyl butterflies visit your garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Re butterflies, apparently they have shrunk in numbers here in the UK which has the experts very worried.
    Could you whisper to the next one you see that we would like a visit?
    That was a relief about the Seborrheic keratose cum mole.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely butterflies. Needless to say, we don't get the tropical ones here! :) Glad the dermatology problem wasn't serious. I had a similar scare a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful butterflies! I especially love the Zebra stripe. I haven't seen anything like that around here before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still have two months left before a scheduled burning off:)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...