Monday, August 14, 2017

Just Another Monday

As opposed to a Manic one.  Mondays are rather peaceful around here.  Most of our neighbors have gone back to work, those still here are holed up in their houses with the air conditioner running full blast.
We walked a shortened walk this morning and jumped in the pool.   It was time to Skype with our daughter.  Eight-thirty am in the morning here , nine-thirty pm for her, so weird.  She'd spent the last 4 days in Tokyo, hanging out with friends and going to concerts.
Last time I blogged I said we'd had 2 days with no rain, I spoke too soon.  By late Saturday afternoon the thunder boomers fired up and we got nearly a half inch of rain.  Just a sprinkling yesterday and nothing yet, notice I said yet.
Sportswise this is my favorite time of year.  Baseball and football and throw in a really good golf tournament.
We watched a really nice movie this weekend and I appreciate nice.  It was Sing Street, an Irish movie directed by John Carney.  He also directed Once, one of our all time favorite movies.  Sing Street is about a young (15) boy whose family is deteriorating and he has to move to another school, a much rougher school.  Across the street from the school he meets a girl and to impress her he says he's in a band and could use her in their video shoot.  So he has to form a band.  Very funny, a bit sad and so good.
A bit of cross-stitching today, I'm really not liking the printed design or the heavy canvas like material, but I shall persevere.
Some good music on my MP3 player today, particularly Mambo Number 5 by Lou Bega.  If that doesn't get you up on your feet nothing will.

















10 comments:

  1. We got some rain here this morning, just enough to make a few puddles, and Jill nervous.
    Enjoy your cross stitching and a quiet Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Sing Street, I'll have to look out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to figure out a way to tell which day of the week I have at hand. I'm not unemployed conscious, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added Sing Street to my Netflix watch list. One of my Irish favorites is The Commitments. So funny if you can stand just a bit of the 'f' word and a fantastic sound track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We liked the Commitments so much we had to buy a copy. Have watched it numerous times.

      Delete
  5. Here is Northern California, today it was cloudy with cold breeze, but no rain... we only get rain in winter,

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was complaining about the humidity here and looked it up and we were at 98 percent...and I thought of you! It finally started raining and washed the humidity away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its hard to realize we are in preseason football already! Where did this year go? To tie it in with your rain you got, we had a monsoon Saturday night that hit right when the Arizona Cardinals preseason game was getting over. Lots of drenched people I would imagine walking out to their cars! And we got just a little bit of rain. Go figure.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoyed your Monday and that you will enjoy Tuesday too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunshine in Shropshire today - no clouds and no rain for the first time in three weeks I think. Hurrah! We are pretending we are on holiday in the garden. I hope it gets more comfortable for you soon. x

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...