Thursday, September 28, 2017

Happy Birthday Indeed

It's my birthday, the 35th anniversary of one of my earlier birthdays, we won't say which one.  We went to Savannah to celebrate yesterday. it was  hot, 94º, but expected  to be even hotter today.  And it was indeed hot, even on the river, but our restaurant, The Cotton Exchange, was cool and dark.  We swore we'd have something different, but we lied!  Had calamari for a starter and it came with the greatest dip, some sort of pepper jelly.  Forgot to take a picture till they were almost gone.  Then Mac had a Low Country Boil and I had a Shrimp Salad.  The portions were so huge we brought about half home.












I'd opened my presents from our daughter on Monday when we Skyped with her, she gave me a beautiful wooden box stuffed with goodies including chocolate.
This morning started with flowers on my nightstand from Mac, a set of 4 ceramic pumpkins and a little birdhouse.

But every girl needs some bling in her life and I've been wanting a chandelier for my closet, so Mac spent Tuesday installing one for me.  It's so pretty, I just need to find a clear, tear-shaped lightbulb for it.
What a wonderful, thoughtful family I have.

22 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you got pampered perfectly. The bling is so pretty! I envy you, your wooden box. Your family really knows how to do a birthday proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the chandelier a real delight. You certainly have been spoilt with some amazing gifts. Many Happy Returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Beautiful restaurant, an awesome place for a special 35th anniversary of a previous birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed you are a very fortunate woman and belatedly A Very Happy Birthday to You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, and may you enjoy many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! The food looks amazing, and what super presents! It's my birthday on Monday, when I will be 29 (again!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, lovely to see the photo of you and Mac celebrating together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! You had lovely presents from your thoughtful daughter and Mac. I enjoyed seeing where you went for a celebration meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday. Glad you enjoyed your meal, they do look huge portions but at least you get to enjoy the leftovers at home. You received some wonderful presents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! Sounds like you have had a wonderful day. Happy Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Birthday sounded absolutely splendid and your family does as well. I'm glad you enjoyed your day, and hope that the rest of your week will be every bit as fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday and what a lovely day out.
    I love the wall at the restaurant it is beautiful. Gosh the portions are big.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I like your chandelier best of all. Another happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday!
    I love the chandelier, your husband really does bring light to your life! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday dear!! And the chandelier is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! Seemed like you had a good time celebrating it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, I'm probably a bit late but I can see you've had a brilliant time. 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  18. And a happy belated birthday to you. Love the sound of your meal and glad you were spoilt. B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday to you! What a wonderful wooden box! I'm sure the goodies in it were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you had a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of belated Happy Birthday wishes coming your way ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...