Friday, October 20, 2017

A Few More Thoughts On Spain

Just a few more random thoughts about Spain.  Love the doors there, if we ever have a Spanish style house  again (we did in California) I'd love to have a door like one of these.

Love the Mudéjar style you see in Toledo








The badger loved the view from the balcony.  We learned that his name in Spanish is Tejon.  Now I know the meaning of the pass we use to drive through in California.  Mac bought El Tejon a small sword to carry, but he doesn't get to poke anyone with it.  He traveled over in my carryon and TSA examined that bag and pulled him out and gave him a thorough going over.  Don't know what he was doing in there to attract their attention.


As I said before we're not crazy about religious art, but we enjoyed some of the El Greco's.

The Disrobing of Christ

Last random thought for the day.  I think I saw more babies in Toledo in the week we were there than I have seen in the last 5 years anywhere.  And amazingly enough parents were playing with their children and listening to them instead of playing with their phones.


20 comments:

  1. I liked your random thoughts!
    Isn't that great that parents were playing with their children and listening to them instead of playing with their phones...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those doors are wonderful, aren't they? I think you need a certain style of house to carry them off though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those doors would be heavy to open, but they are all works of art:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful doors! Wouldn't exactly fit on my little brick ranch, but if I had one, I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning doors. Loved your thought about playing with children, just how it should be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. Did you know that the badger was in your bag or did he just sneak in when you weren't looking? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Let's hope Spain sorts things out re Catalonia. Interesting times..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos my friend. I can't even imagine seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great old doors. I love doors of any kind and years and years ago I had a poster of Doors of Ireland. Hope you have a greet weekend, Janet. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful !
    Door # 2 and 3.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  11. Refreshing to hear that parents actually can play with their children and not be on their phones. Such a big contention of myself when out in public and seeing a family together and everyone is on their phone or tablet. About a year ago we were at Olive Garden and there was a table with mom/dad and 2 kids, probably about ages 10 and 13. They were engaged the entire time together with each other. Talking, laughing, sharing. It warmed my heart!

    All the doors were interesting!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those doors are much more interesting than the mundane doors we have. I agree with others about mobile phones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those doors are wonderful! I se so many parents wheeling babies along in their buggies and paying more attention to their phones than either baby, other pedestrians or traffic:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those doors are beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your trip and got a break from our crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I an behind again and had to look back and read about your trip to Spain. I enjoyed seeing the pictures, and hearing about the Badger. He is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness, that all looks lovely! We've been to Barcelona but nowhere else in Spain. You're tempting me to go to Toledo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it amazing how much you can get a feel for a place just by looking at the doors?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was guessing you were in Japan! Those doors are so serious and sturdy-looking. I imagine they are quite heavy to open.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...