Monday, December 11, 2017

All Wrapped Up

Started early, finished late.  I started wrapping presents way back in November and except for a few small things due in the mail I'm finally through.  And I have the back ache to prove it.  I use a lot of bags for gifts, but even that is time consuming.
Had a nice weekend, it's finally cold enough to feel like Christmas might be near.  Lows near 30º the last couple of nights, so a fire in the fireplace and the electric blanket on the bed.
Today I cleaned up our daughter's bedroom and put fresh linens on the bed.  She'll be here next Monday, can't wait.
Watched lots of football, OMG, the game in Buffalo looked awful---so much snow.
Grocery shopping done, have most of the things we'll need for Christmas, though I'll wait a bit to get the leg of lamb.  That's always my daughter's choice for Christmas dinner.  She says lamb is the one food that it's hard to get in Japan.
Saturday I made Gingerbread men, but tomorrow I need to make more.  Love when the house smells like ginger.  Saturday I also cooked bacon and the house smelled like ginger and bacon, my daughter wanted to know if I'd put bacon in the Gingerbread Men.  Wonder what that would taste like.
Time to go fight with Canon in D, I've been working on mastering this piece for years and though I've made progress, there's no way I can say I play it well.

17 comments:

  1. I bet you are so looking forward to your daughter's visit. Great that you are all organised ready for her. Good luck with your music. I’m playing carols at the moment; always makes me feel festive. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're well organised, I've still got so much left to do. Eleanor's home from uni now but Daniel won't be home until late on the Friday before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures from Buffalo were more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful your daughter is able to make it home from Japan. I was so looking forward to my daughter being home from Germany but we just got an email saying she won't be able to after all. I shed a few tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sad for you, it wouldn't be Christmas for me without my daughter, I'd fly to Japan if she couldn't come here.

      Delete
  5. So exciting that your daughter will be home soon, you're going to have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Canon in D-one I loved learning to play. Now I don't have a piano until we move into a new home in Spring.

    How wonderful to have your daughter home from Japan---and---you are way ahead of me on gifts. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful exciting newsy post !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then you are going to have awesome time with your daughter..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice feeling to having things wrapped up for Christmas :) I too shuddered when I saw bits of that game in Buffalo. I can't imagine playing in it or being a spectator at it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heard on the TV there was so much snow on the field, Buffalo paid their fans to come out and help remove it. Along with pay, everyone was offered a ticket to the game too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can feel your excitement and expectation for your daughter's visit. You sound wonderfully organised. I still have presents to buy and wrap. I love the wreath on your front door:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely that your daughter will be 'home for Christmas'. It feels like Christmas already with the amount of snow on the ground in the UK. We have had record snowfalls and temperatures way below what we're used to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ended up with aches from wrapping too. I have decided I should be doing it at a higher counter so I don't have to bend over the table so much. But I think I said the same thing last year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cannon in D is a beautiful piece but hard! I am still shopping, don't even get me started on wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds as if you are quite organised.
    You must be looking forward to your daughter's visit.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. We saw the pictures of the game in Buffalo, too. Reminded us why we moved away from there. I heard people were selling tickets to the game for $4. Heheh.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...