Thursday, January 25, 2018

What's Cooking?

Why it's Bean and Bacon Soup and it smells so good.  What I need are some plastic containers to store and freeze my soups in so I can pull them out as needed.  As long as the weather stays chilly I'll be making soup and next up is Chile.

They came out today to fill up our propane tank.  We use propane for cooking and in our fireplaces and with as cold as it's been, and in an effort to keep our electric bill reasonable, we've been using the fireplace a lot.  I called them last week and paid for what I thought we'd need, but it's 3-5 business days before they deliver the propane and in the mean time we burned up a bit more so I called the company to pay the rest of the bill.  The lady I talked with said I'm the first person EVER who'd called in to pay for the extra, that they usually have to track them down to get them to pay.  She thanked me profusely.

Played piano for a while this morning, I have a book of Puccini's Operas for the piano, simplified for my level.  They're just so darn beautiful even with me whacking at them.  My favorite it the one known as Musetta's Waltz.  You may know it as Don't You Know by various artists.





16 comments:

  1. Bean and bacon--big yum. I unexpectedly had split pea, I think at Ann's at Christmas. That is to die for, and even Laura had leftovers another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of the soup. I do wish that I could play the piano, all three of our daughters had lessons and play well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmm your soup sounds wonderful.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having containers of homemade soup in the freezer to take out when I don't want to cook. I've never made homemade bean with bacon. I bet it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bean with bacon...yum! We're eating leftover soup tonight. Potato Spam soup for me and Bean soup for hubby. Thank goodness it's warmed up here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a good soup. I freeze soup in ziplock quart bags and lay them flat on a cookie sheet to freeze, then I store 3-4 to a larger one gallon bag...then we just take out what we need. I have chili on my list to make too, maybe this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I freeze soup in plastic pots as i can get lots of use from them. I have used the ziplock bags but we are cutting single use plastic out as far as possible. In the UK I can get a pack of 8 or 10 pots for £1 and they seem to last forever. I have beans and bacon so maybe, just maybe there will be a soup pot on the stove very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Musetta's Waltz.... love it. Love soup, too, but don't make any now. Guess I'm getting lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that you played piano.
    It is very cold here in Nara,I need a hot soup!
    The weather in Fukuoka is milder than ours in here.
    Happy day to you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always good tohave plenty of soup stored away for colder weather. Your's sounds delicious;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking for containers to store soup in my freezer too. I usually make more than enough for myself and it is always good to have some on hand for cold days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of the soup!
    On cooler days soup always goes down well. Yum!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bean soup sounds so good. My family likes my Tortilla soup which is mostly beans. 4 or 5 different kinds, with chicken and diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. A great crock pot soup. Add a can of olives, and some chips and cheese..and walla..a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new header...so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love soups, usually make a big pot on weekends and then freeze some and use some for lunches or more dinners during the week. I recently started using my Instant Pot a lot more, and boy, does it make for some yummy soups!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...