Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Georgia Triathlon

Completed my morning triathlon, walked before breakfast, pulled 500 weeds after breakfast, cleaned the pool and swam a couple laps.  Then to top it off came in, did aerobics and cleaned the big windows in the kitchen.  Needless to say I'm done!
Today Mac's computer wouldn't let him go to the mail either until he told Safari security not to warn of suspicious sites.  Have no idea what's going on.
I'm reading the most incredible book, may well be the book of the year for me.  It's The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell.  The story of the discovery of sentient life on a planet in Alpha Centauri  and the mission to make contact that is led by the Society of Jesuits and a few civilians.  There is only one survivor and it's his story.  Great writing and world building.  I found this book through 2 other of her books, which were also excellent, Doc and Tombstone (the story of Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp) and so different from this book that except for the excellent writing it would be hard to believe the same person wrote both.
We're having another  humid day, in fact it looks to be that kind of summer.  Not overly hot, mainly in the 80's but oh so humid.  We call weather like this greasy because that's what it makes you feel like. We had rain again yesterday afternoon, over an inch, and today it's all steaming up out of the ground. We've been running the dehumidifier in the bedroom and yesterday Mac dumped over a gallon of water out of it.  I have cleaned my closet and put new Damp Rid bags in there to slow the moisture down too.  We're just going to have to just grit our teeth and get through it.

14 comments:

  1. I'm hot and sweaty already after reading this post! Well done on all your activity. I've just got an Apple watch and it tracks my activity throughout the day. I'm pleased to say that I'm 'medium active'. That'll do me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the sound of The Sparrow, will have to look that one out soon. I'm impressed with all your activity. I've had a fairly static day today. Pouring outside so I've set too with some knitting. Love it on a rainy day when I can feel justified staying put. Don't think I would cope with your humidity for too long. Hope it gets drier soo :). B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humidity flowing in here now as well. You can see it already. I have no energy to wash windows or anything else, for that matter. When our heat goes back up, I believe I will sit in the A/C in front of a fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a busy morning. Did you count the weeds as you pulled them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read somewhere you can put cornmeal down to stop the weeds from germinating. There's also a product called Preen that we've used before. It won't let seeds germinate. Then again, if Weed Pulling becomes an Olympic sport, you'll be well practiced!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you are one busy gal - good for you! My motto is, one person's weeds are another's wildflowers :) I know how brutal high humidity can be - it makes even mild temperatures seem unbearable. The books sound interesting! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed that you manage to get anything done in that heat and humidity. We've just come through a spell of warmer weather, nothing like you get over there, and I just left all my jobs until it cooled down again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt worn-out reading about your activities, but... I remember the day when I could do it all. The heat where you are would see me off altogether. Don't know what has happened to our summer, I just had to put a cardigan on to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sound of The Sparrow - must look it up. I have done exactly no physical work, just sitting at my desk working. Hope the greasy weather is passing soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really was impressed by your triathlon. Such a great work out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exhausted just reading your opening lines... :-) Time for my lie-down now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for getting so much done, it can't be easy in the heat and humidity.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very impressed about your triathlon AND window cleaning!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...