Saturday, May 4, 2013

Electricity

Our electricity went out about 7pm last night, not the first time it's done that lately.  Even though we have underground utility lines it seems like whenever we have a bit of rain we have power outages.
What can you do without the electricity?  Well Mac sat and played his acoustic guitar.  He has loads of music stashed in his head and can sit and strum forever.  His playing made me want to play the piano, but I have next to no music stashed in my head, I mean how many times can you play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" or "Mary Had a Little Lamb"?  The music I like to play is rather complicated and I need the music in front of me as I play.
Mac suggested that Beethoven played by candlelight and I ought to give it a try.  Well Beethoven  might have done it and I've certainly seen Schroeder doing it in Peanuts for years, but even with my nose pressed up to the page it was hard to read, I would have needed a half dozen candelabras set around me in order to see my music.
Thankfully the electricity came back on and I could see again.  Mac suggests I learn some music by heart, but I'm too old (can't memorize anything any more) and too lazy.

While looking for candelabra pictures I found this one with Godzilla, my hero!  He would definitely light up my piano.

4 comments:

  1. Can be sort of cosy and old fashioned without electricity, so long as it doesn't go on for too long! I love that Godzilla lamp too. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally liked this blog post when I read it whole and found many useful tips and methods for cleaning services and you can also find out the best deep House cleaning services in Ahmedabad at reasonable cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a particularly illuminating blog, your perspective, perceptions and thoughts are astonishing and direct. We found so many interesting stuff in your blog. keep up the good work. You can also visit us Emergency Cooling Solution Dubai for rental services cater to HVAC and other emergency cooling solutions as required by our clients.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...