Sunday, August 5, 2018

Well Pooh!

My hair's falling out.  Just when it was coming in thick and growing every day.  So I want it to fall out quickly so it can start to grow again.  It was looking cute, now I have bald sidewalls.
Had a great week.  Managed to exercise twice, started a new painting and found more things to paint. It's commissary shopping today with a stop at Lowes and Hobby Lobby.  My Gardenia looks so pretty I want another one.  Need to get off my duff and take some photos.
Rained every day this week except for yesterday.  All that rain has kept our pool cool, usually by this time of year it's almost too warm to swim in.
It seems so strange to see all the photos from England showing yellow grass.  Here it's so green and the weeds are having a field day.  About the only thing blooming though are the Zinnias and the Ginger Lilies.
More sad news from Mac's cousin's family.  In addition to the cousin's house burning down, their sister who lived in Colorado passed away.  So sad.  She was my age, but I don't know the details yet, but we will send flowers.
Mac had another cousin call this week, just felt the urge to talk to everyone, know the feeling.  Then last night we talked with Mac's brother and his wife.  They're just back from Montana where they went to a cowboy wedding and then to Glacier National Park.  They live in the San Francisco Bay Area and said their flight home was 2 hours and then their drive home (which isn't that far) was also 2 hours---too much traffic.  That's one of the reasons the other cousin Mac talked to said they're retiring next year and leaving California.  It's definitely one of the reasons we left.  Just too many people.
Skyped with our daughter this morning--what a great invention Skype is.  Our daughter hates talking on the phone, but loves Skype, it's so much more personal.
Well that's all from here, hope you're having a great Sunday.

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your hair, hopefully it will grow back quickly and of course condolences on the loss of a family member. What did we ever do before the wonderful technology we know today? It is the highlight of my day to be able to skype my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are enjoying the cool pool while you can. Good old hair;it does grow back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, I'm sorry to hear about your family member, as well as your hair. I hope it grows back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm sorry to hear about your hair and your family member passing away. I hope it grows back soon. I don't know if it's true but it always seems like hair grows faster in the summer, so I'm sticking with that theory for you. And living in Georgia, it should grow really fast! Lots of sunshine there. My sympathy for the loss of your family member. Things have go to start looking up for you! Praying for happy days. Glad you have your strength back anyway. That's good! We do take so much for granted. Like walking through the grocery store. I've been reading your blog, just haven't commented much. Going to try to do better. Have a great rest of the day.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only "good" thing about losing your hair again is that it is summer. You will have a cool head, if you don't get sunburned. Sorry for the bad news from your family. Awful to lose their home to a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hair--a blessing and a curse. I've noticed this summer that mine is noticeably thinner, a gift of age apparently. Sad news from the cousin--seems we're at that point in life where answering the phone is an act of courage. I am glad to hear you chatted with your daughter though. Those moments talking with my sons are one of the brightest spots in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been complaining for the past two years that my hair [which is long] comes out in my hairbrush, and I can see much more of my scalp than I used to. Then I remember a dear friend fighting her way through cancer--wearing becoming hats, her face still so lovely even without her wig.
    You are regaining energy--and that is surely the most important thing--hair, like the weeds in the garden--will grow again! It is good to read of your progress--but thinking of the sadness for you and Mac as you absorb family losses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah darn sorry about your hair...maybe some scarves will work for you until it grows out! California sounds like a real mess....so sad:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wondering how long it takes for hair to grow back to it's normal state. Not long I hope.
    By the way the yellow grass has turned to off-white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your sad family news - and your hair (hope it will soon grow back again). Pity we can't exchange some rain vs sunshine across the globe to get a more even balance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm like your daughter and much prefer Skype to the telephone. A friend has also lost her hair which was very straight, and now it has grown back very curly - she is really quite bemused by it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skype is a great thing as you can get so much more information by seeing who you're talking to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hair is great at growing back x sending you the love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. That's a lot. Sympathies for all the tough things going on in your family's life. And yes, you know your hair will grow back. Sorry you have to deal with this again but it's worth it for the cure, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry to hear about the bereavement, so many sad things happening at the moment. It's good that you're able to stay in touch with your daughter though, Skype is a great invention.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm very sorry to hear about your sad family news.
    Such a shame about your hair too … hoping it grows back fast!

    Take care, sending my continued good thoughts and wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your hair grows back quickly! Sorry to hear about your loss.

    Everything in England was so dry. I can't remember the last time when it was like that. I was so surprised and a little disappointed - no green and pleasant land lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes Copd Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Yes can ask me anything about this on my twitter @ericamilli or text 7205992850.He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...