Saturday, December 1, 2018

How to wrap your Cat for Christmas 101

I have so much to do, but here I sit with the computer.  Haven't blogged in forever so I wanted to get a post up before I throw myself headlong into Christmas.
Saw my oncologist on Tuesday and all is well, will have my next maintenance scan in January. Also saw the people who did my endoscopy and all is well, but they're putting me on a probiotic.
Got some Christmas cards mailed, but ran out of stamps and I'm waiting for a delivery from the Post Office.
It was very cold this week with lows near freezing.  It's warmer now, but rainy.
I started wrapping packages, oh what fun.  Saw a video of a woman who wrapped her cat for Christmas.  Miss Kitty would have torn up the paper and me.
Grocery shopped and got some of my Christmas supplies.  I'm tired of pumpkin pie and need to find a good recipe for a peach pie.
Decided to go ahead and finish the Barbara Kingsolver book Unsheltered.  Still didn't like that it was told in two parts, didn't like the historical part at all and found the modern part just ok.  I usually like her books so much.  I have Liane Moriarty's new book Nine Strangers waiting for me next.  Have to finish my latest Georgette Heyer The Unknown Ajax, I'm working my way through all of her books as a reread and it's been so long since I read them they're like brand new stories to me.
It's going to be Leek and Potato Soup today, can't wait.
Rewatched The Minions movie this week, so silly and such fun.
Have also been doing some cross-stitching.
Well that was my week, time to head into Christmas.












21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your good medical news! And enjoy your leek and potato soup! Now I want some, but I have no leeks and no potatoes in the house! I foresee a trip to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had blue cheese and broccoli soup today. I love leek and potato soup too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear everything is well!! There is NO WAY I could wrap up either one of my cats (although the one will let you wrap him up in a towel if he comes in wet from outside). -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat might be wrapped until I turned my back. Your good news certainly is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy health report! So glad to hear it. And that cat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEST GUD NEWS.
    The cat is very sweet to let her do that. but as she lays there and knows what it is like I think she must like it.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear your good news, Janet. I watched the cat wrapping video; I don't think it will work for my cat! Enjoy your Sunday, Pat 🐈

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had a marathon soup making session today in readiness for the busy days ahead. Thrilled to hear your medical news, it must be such a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's a video you may enjoy....
    It's from...

    http://poppyq.blogspot.com/2018/12/caturday-night-at-movies.html#comment-form

    A Blog l've been following for a while now..! 🐾🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very patient cat, don't think our old boy would tolerate that. Glad to hear you have positive news re your health.Leek and Potato soups sounds wonderful. I read loads of Georgette Heyer as a teenager and re-read one recently - still enjoyable. Devil's Cub and Friday's Child are my favourites:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My cat certainly wouldn't like being wrapped in paper, Christmas or otherwise. Well done on the health front.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cat would not be wrapped in paper. I am so thankful to hear of the great medical news. I am enjoying some great reads as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very glad to know that you are doing well.

    And wrapping a cat!!! Will the creature stay inside a paper? I doubt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Getting a clear is always worth celebrating.

    How in the world did she do that! What it drugged?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's such a busy time of year, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The look on the cat's face was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe that cat. Or the woman who seems so matter-of-fact! Glad to see you opinion of Barbara Kingsolver's new book. I have loved everything else she has written and was looking forward to this one. So glad to hear your good health news.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good medical news! I would be a dead woman if I tried that with Lizzie. OK, maybe I will!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perhaps I'm missing something, why would you want to wrap your cat? What a gorgeous puss though, he seems so laid back. I'm so pleased to hear your good news, I know what it's like going for these appointments, such a relief to be told that all is well. I didn't know that Liane Moriarty has a new book out, I shall have to look out for that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen that cat-wrapping video before and it still makes me laugh. Remember the scene in Christmas Vacation where an old relative puts her cat in a box to give as a Christmas present?

    You certainly have been busy! Great news from the medical department, good to hear.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...