Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cheese, Cheese, Cheese

So ok, I don't love cheese, I like it, but I don't love it. I prefer it as a snack, a small nibble of swiss, monterey jack or manchego with a chip or cracker.  The only time I use it in cooking is in Italian food, in chicken parmesan, pizza or chicken cacciatore.
  So when I go hunting for recipes and everything , no matter what the main part of it is, will invariably include cheese, making for totally unnecessary calories.  I don't want cheese on my broccoli, on my steak, in or on my hamburger, on my fruit, in my cake or pie, on my potatoes, in my soup or in my salad.
When we go out to eat, and I hate to be one of those fussy customers, I don't want cheese put in or on my entree.  If that's weird I can live with that.  What I can't do is live with lashings of cheese all over the place.

5 comments:

  1. I do love cheese - in fact as I was reading your post I was rolling up a slice of ham with a slice of Swiss to go with my lunch. :)

    My sister's fiancé can't stand anything with melted gooey cheese.

    What a boring place the world would be if we all liked the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cheese and at Xmas the fridge groans with an endless variety but I have to say I am not keen on cheese in or on everything. Most Italian dishes are enhanced by a little and of course the odd dish of maccaroni or cauliflour cheese is wonderful but I agree with you ...who needs it swamping the flavours and adding calories to so many dishes that really dont need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should go to England just for the cheese! It is so good you wouldn't believe it!
    In fact, you might make me do a post about English cheese!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been to England so many times I have lost count. You are right the cheese is great, the first thing my husband does is goes to the deli and buys at least one Double Gloucester, one Stilton, one Cheddar, and maybe a Wensleydale.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...