Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Mac and I met 50 years ago on March 17, I fell for him right away, took some time to convince him though.  We'll have our 48th wedding anniversary this year and it doesn't seem possible.  He's still the pretty boy I fell in love with, my best friend and who I love even more now than then.
We've lived through 21 years in the military, more moves than I can remember, the lose of both our parents, some illness and more happiness than it seems possible.
People say you have to work at a marriage, but we've always said that what you need to do is remember why you fell in love and married in the first place.
He is my Valentine, today, and always.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet that you can still say that after so many years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to hear your love story. A happy belated Valentine's Day to you both!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...