Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Couches

I've hated the couch in our family room almost since we bought it.  I was feeling very lazy and bought it online and have regretted it ever since.  The brown looked awful in the room, you couldn't reverse the cushions, they became lumpy and misshapen and because we eat on the couch there are stains.
I've dithered over buying a new one, but because it really isn't worn out I hated to pay for a new one.
In the living room is a quite expensive couch that was covered with a slipcover.  Covered because a former cat scratched the upholstery.
I thought about moving the couches and putting the nicer one in the family room, but figured we'd wreck it, plus I was afraid the brown one wasn't as tall as the one in the living room and wouldn't look right with the couch table that it backs up to.
Well as I mentioned in my last blog I couldn't sleep the other night and the couches were something I pondered.
Today I took the  slipcover off the living room couch, put it on the family room couch, made some pillows to go on it and it looks so much better.
As for the living room couch with the shredded upholstery, Mac says he can cut a piece off where it doesn't show, below cushion level, and cover the bad part.
I'm happy and I didn't have to spend a cent.

Family room couch, now covered and new pillows.

Living room couch uncovered.

12 comments:

  1. Oh- That works out great! Both of them look really good. Sometimes those small swaps make a big impact. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping the house really turned out to be economical. Hope you're able to sleep better now that you've got that problem solved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read, I was going to suggest doing what you did. Occasionally we make bad color choices in good furniture and live to regret it. It's like new furniture all around, isn't it? I had a cat that marked my recliner the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! both are looking so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great solution, I am a big fan of shopping the house. Both look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you found the perfect answer, they look good as well as saving you money buying new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great couch exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done and it looks great. I'm sure the change makes you feel good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect answer ... and looks great too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good solution, and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm intrigued by what you did. Sadly, I don't have the same option. I've come to hate my couch in the living room (a few lumpy cushions, and I'm forever trying to "box" them back into shape) and decided to get something new soon. I just need to figure out how I can get rid of this hated, newer couch before I can move an older couch from the guest bedroom back into the living room. Glad you found such a frugal solution!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. couches for sale

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...