Thursday, June 28, 2012

Obsession

German Chair
Well maybe not quite an obsession, but definitely an utter fascination with chairs.  I've been collecting them for years.  One of my first buys was this German one with the cane back and seat.  We bought in Germany back in the late 60's.  The seat needed caning then and it needs it now, though laying on the seat is a caning set that Mac gave me for Christmas a few years ago, so who knows, it might get caned someday.
Entryway Chair



The next chair  is English and is in fact one of a pair that sit in my entry way.  They have cane seats (in good repair thank goodness) and I believe the style is called balloon back.


In the dining room sits this American chair with an upholstered seat.  Mac gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago.  I wish I had a pair of them.




Dining Room Chair
The next two chairs are English again, balloon back, but with upholstered seats.  If I could find a cheap way to ship these from England I'd have these all over the house.








Upholstered Balloon Back













The last two are really sweet little chairs.  The first is English, I actually managed to fit this in a suitcase----don't ask what happened to my clothes--and was brought home from one of my favorite antique shops in Broadway Fenwick and Fenwick.   It was sold as an 1850's Oxford style child's armchair made of elm.

The other is an American Bentwood child's chair, I recovered the seat.
Children's chairs are always disproportionately more expensive than regular chairs, just too sweet.
American Chair

English Chair













So that's one of my obsessions, what's yours?





No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...