Thursday, August 19, 2010

Collection

I'm not a serious collector but I do like English porcelain plates and whenever we go there I try and pick up a few for my collection.  They're nothing special, no Minton, no  Worcester, no Derby, just plates that caught my eye.
I love the Victorian ones, like the Ribbon plates and have a special place in the heart for Art Nouveau and Art Deco, no Clarice Cliff.  I love flow blue and soft turquoise, and I'm always on the look-out for yellow ones.
You'll notice a few jugs in the first picture, they're part of another collection.
Can't wait for September so I can collect some more.


2 comments:

  1. You're coming to the UK? What part(s)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've rented a cottage in a tiny village between Burford and Lechlade, I think that's Oxfordshire. Can't wait. We're really looking forward to some cooler weather, it was 97 here yesterday and that's one of the cooler days we've had.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...