Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Little House on the Prairie Time

Had a good little loaf of bakery bread yesterday and decided to stop being so lazy and make my own.  So Mac got my breadmaker out and I made a loaf of crusty French bread.  The top didn't get as dark as I thought it should and to my taste it's just a tad salty, but all in all not too bad.
Then to go with the bread I made Blackberry Jam.  I got the recipe from Amazon's Daily Blog page and they said it was originally a BBC recipe.  Basically you cook blackberries and sugar together in the microwave and seal the results in little jars.  Looks good, tastes pretty good, but rather seedy, I may make some more and strain some of the seeds out.
With the left-over berries I made a kind of cobbler and we'll be eating that with ice cream tonight.
A nice way to spend the morning.

1 comment:

  1. When we got back from our trip to Alaska I noted we were out of everything but stale bread. Now I see our breadmaker on a shelf just outside the kitchen, and I have a couple of hours free tonight. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday in the Swamp

Beautiful cold day here, down to 36º last night and only expected to reach 60º today, but the sky is blue and it looks wintery. Lots to get...