Friday, January 17, 2014

Smells So Good

Cold southern weather calls for a warm southern dish, so I went in search of a Gumbo recipe.  I found a fairly simple one and it's now bubbling away on the stove.  The recipe I found was for sausage gumbo and I went and got some turkey sausage and even better I found some Linguica which is a wonderful Portuguese sausage.  At the end I'm also throwing in some shrimp.  It'll all be served over rice, can't wait to eat it, I would say taste, but I've been tasting it at every step of the process and it tastes great.
Official update, rice in bowl, gumbo on top liberally sprinkled with scallions and it was incredible.  We froze half of it to enjoy on another cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...