Saturday, January 28, 2017

Fibber McGee and Me or How I Spent My Saturday

For those who don't know,  Fibber McGee was a character on an old radio show, Fibber McGee and Molly, who had closets that you risked your life opening.  The closet in our computer room was one of those.
Our daughter left a bit of stuff with us when she moved to Japan and this closet, along with mine, was a repository for some of it.  Some of the boxes have been shifted upstairs to the crawlspace, it's actually a walkout space, and now that there is room to maneuver I knew I had to tackle this closet.
There are no before pictures because I forgot to take any, too ashamed to take any, couldn't find the camera---pick an answer.  But I am sharing the after picture.  There are two bookcases of books, mostly Mac's, mostly science and nature.  My book journals, drawing books and colored pencils.  Much, and I do much, has been put in the trash, some sorted for Goodwill and some put into a  I just don't know pile.  There were old calculators, more power adaptors than I thought it was possible to own, assorted electrical connectors and a remote control I have no idea what it goes to.
But it's better, shelves cleaned, easier to find stuff and room for more junk.

How did you spend your Saturday.

16 comments:

  1. It's a lovely feeling once it's all tidy. We had a clear out recently of a million and one outdated electronic bits and piece! Where do they all come from lol. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't share my before pictures of our closets either! It all turned out nice in your house judging by your photos. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still sorting stuff that should have been done years ago but it's a lovely feeling when I can see stuff, even if it's chuckable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing how much stuff we all gather over the years. I have been so surprised how much clutter there was in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All looks neat and tidy after you clearing session. We have a box full of old electrical cords, plugs, adaptors and chargers that don't seem to belong to anything now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a very satisfying feeling when everything is shipshape. Well done. (I abandoned my Saturday chores and went for a very long hike to the pub.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love a good sort out.
    I hope you sat down with a nice cup of tea afterwards!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it wonderful when it's done, though? I always feel lighter somehow.
    I do know about Fibber McGee's closet! My grandma had a cupboard that just came to be called "the fibber" as in, Look in the fibber, I think it's there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Fibber McGee and Molly...you have a good looking area now:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm - we have several little cubby-holes like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of Fibber McGee but I've just realised that I'm married to him. Whenever I ask Mick to put something away, the object ends up falling on me when I next open a cupboard as he just stuffs it out of sight. I do like a good clear out, especially cupboards which haven't been touched for a long time, there's always lots of useless objects in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That remote might be the one I've been trying to find. Please send.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should do this too, but for the moment I am still too lazy, lol _

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't clearing out like the just the best!!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...