Friday, January 6, 2017

Five on Friday

First Five on Friday of the New Year and I'll be joining the other bloggers over at Love Made My Home hosted by the lovely Amy.

I don't like to brag, but my family always gets me such neat and original stuff for Christmas that I have to use them for my Five on Friday.

First:  Our daughter had the pictures from our Japan/Korea/Cambodia trip made into a book for us.  It is beyond wonderful and such a great memory.




Second:  Mac got me another miniature sewing machine and my sister gave me a vintage pair of scissors and a thimble.




Third:  Mac made me a miniature Japanese garden, complete with Koi.



Fourth:    April made me a complete Gudetama 7-11 store, it is so fantastic.




Fifth:  Mac, who knows me so well, found some vintage copies of one of my favorite funny books from my childhood, Little Lulu.  She was such a favorite of mine, I can still sing the theme sone from her tv show!  

Little Lulu, Little Lulu with Freckles on her chin
In and out of trouble, but mostly always in
Using Daddy's necktie for the tail of her kite,
Using Mommy's lipstick for the letters she writes
Though the clock says 7:30 it's really after 10
Looks like Lulu's been repairing it again
Though she's wild as any Zulu and just as hard to tame
We love Little Lulu just the same, the same
Little Lulu we love you.


That's my Five, hope you have a good weekend.



















16 comments:

  1. Super presents! Never heard of Little Lulu but she sounds like great fun. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling as I read this. What fabulous presents. Bet that photo book will be treasured. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly blessed with a wonderful family such thoughtful presents, delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely array. I liked Little Lulu, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Lulu is so adorable... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous post
    Fabulous presents

    I'd not heard of 'Little Lulu' I like the sound of her.

    Have a good weekend, and keep on feeling better

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet it is! All are your gifts are so perfect for you, and I remember and loved Little Lulu, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post today.
    I remember Little Lulu and Slugo.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great five and you are right, you do get some great gifts. We keep being invited to Japan by the company my husband sells stickers for; hoping that we get there one of these days. I had to look up Gudatama, but do remember Little Lulu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful thoughtful presents Janet - the book of photos from your trip will be looked at over and over, bringing back such happy memories for you.
    Mac is so thoughtful, especially tracking down the vintage books for you, what a thrill!
    I remember one of my earliest books as a child in the early 1940's. It was a small ABC picture book about a black and white Border Collie called Dan.
    I've search on many websites without luck - I thought it would be nice to have a copy here for my youngest granddaughter!
    Happy New Year to you both
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it good to get thoughtful presents - it makes one feel so good. I am sure you gave thoughtful presents too.
    Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely to see all the unusual and original presents you give as a family. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading your list of books, and also seeing the most interesting things you got for Christmas! The childhood books take the cake! What a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How thoughtful and caring your family is, Janet. Those gifts are lovely. I saw a programme on the tv just before Christmas in which a woman said that a thoughtful gift is so much better than an expensive, impersonal one and I had to agree. I do hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are fabulous gifts Janet. I have my Mothers miniature sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...