Friday, January 27, 2017

Five on Friday

Cool day here in the sunny south and time to join Amy and the other bloggers at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.
Our warm spring weather is getting ready to slip back into winter, but that's ok because there's lots of things to do indoors too.  But before we shut the door, let's see what's going on out in the yard.

One:   Our Camellia tree, that I've name Camilla in honor of Miss Fritton of  St. Trinians fame, is so covered in flowers that she hardly has leaves.





Two: Yellow Jasmine is blooming around our pool.  The yellow Jasmine grows wild here in the South and is known as Carolina or Confederate Jasmine.  The pool itself is dead having died in Hurricane Matthew and will be replaced before summer.











Moving back indoors there have been a couple of new things added to the kitchen.


Third:  




Fourth:  I finished my Godzilla puzzle, but forgot to take a photo.  But he is done in all his glory with all the poor Japanese being tossed about in the waves.  My daughter Tweeted that a building had collapsed in her city, one that was to be demolished and I wondered if Godzilla had had a hand or foot in its destruction.


On Jan. 25 (Wed.), a building in the Nishijin Shopping Arcade collapsed. The building was undergoing planned deconstruction when the collapse took place.
FUKUOKA-NOW.COM


Fifth:  My yarn finally came in for my afghan and I have been crocheting away, no pictures till it gets a little further along.

That's my five, hope you have a great weekend.




















17 comments:

  1. What a fabulous post. Flowers, rugs, puzzle yarn and possible GODZILLA footprint.
    Works for me.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see the beautiful blooms! The Jasmine must smell wonderful. I like your new mats and hope nobody was hurt in the building collapse! Sure looks like Godzilla may have been lurking about there! x K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Jasmine looks so different to ours. We have white tiny flowers. Looking forward to seeing your crochet project. B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mats... so different to the ones I have. I hope nobody was hurt when that building collapsed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you have many things to enjoy both indoor and outdoor! Your jasmine looks beautifully grow. It was lucky no one was hurt in Nishjn Arcade. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see flowers blooming for you. I had a huge red camellia in my yard (before I moved) so my January days were filled with blossoms floating in vases in my house. I miss that.,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours in the garden! So lucky to have things blooming. Can't wait for spring. Thanks for sharing your Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A joy to see flowers in this wintertime... and pretty kitchen carpets, a touch of french lifestyle -
    Have a good time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers!!! And #4 made me smile!!
    I love to crochet but haven't in so long...looking forward to your afghan share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so lovely to see these flowers ... I'm still waiting for the snowdrops to open!

    Enjoy your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see what is growing well in your garden right now. Hope you enjoy your crocheting. I am sure you enjoyed the clearing out, that is always good isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a joy to visit and see what is growing in your garden. Looking forward to seeing your crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    What a great news. I hope your daughter will recommend you to visit Kyoto and Nara, my town. I could be able to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We will be visiting Kyoto, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog. It's lovely to have flowers blooming in your garden in winter, their colours are so bright and cheery. I hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed seeing blooms on this cold January day. Love your new kitchen rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yellow jasmine is very exotic to me, but so beautiful. I love your tiny kitchen mats. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...