Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Storms

Actually that should read weekend storms.  It's been raining here since Saturday afternoon, we've gotten over 3 inches of rain, been under 4 different watches: thunderstorm, flooding, high wind and tornado.  Thank goodness all we've gotten is the rain and thunderstorms.  Some parts of the south have really had it bad, but I'll be glad when it's all over here.
No walking outside today, I'll walk in the rain, but not in thunder and lightening.
So indoor activities only.  Skyped with our daughter and firmed up some of our plans for our trip to Japan, need rail passes next.
Then it was cross-stitching and exercising for me. Next is lunch and lots of football.  Come on Atlanta.

11 comments:

  1. Terrible storms, 11 people have died in South Georgia. If you have warnings for tornadoes, make sure you get in a safe place. These storms are very scary!
    Hope the Falcons win. One of my blogging friends in Wisconsin is going to send me cheese from there when the Falcons beat the Packers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to talk to your daughter about travel plans when the weather is bad, much nicer than just sitting looking at the rain! Hope it clears soon and the sun comes out again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness !
    Hope the storms come to an end soon.
    Stay dry.

    And I am Packer Fan.
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe Janet. We're in the midst of our worst storm since 2010. My phone has beeped twice due to flood watch from the NWS. Luckily, I'm home today baking cookies. Take care and enjoy your football game. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe Janet. We're in the midst of our worst storm since 2010. My phone has beeped twice due to flood watch from the NWS. Luckily, I'm home today baking cookies. Take care and enjoy your football game. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to be planning your next trip. Hope this horrible weather passes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the storms soon pass, I hate thunder and lightening. How exciting making plans for Japan again. Hope you enjoyed the football, Mick and Daniel are NFL fans, they both support New England, though Daniel's girlfriend comes from Colorado so she's a Broncos fan so there's always a bit of friendly rivalry there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea to stay in making plans in such awful weather, hope it passes soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had several years of mild winters so this year has come as a shock to me. I have never felt so cold. So far, though, my area has only had one day of snow so that's something, I suppose.

    I love your header picture, it is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...