Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Tuesday in the Swamp

It's been cold here, down in the high 20's,  low 30's at night, but it's warming up nicely now, in the 60's for today and in the 70's for the rest of the week.  Can't ask for better than that  in mid-January.
Doctor visits again, my blood pressure had gotten out of whack due to illness, age, decrepitude, you name it.  But my doctor has already straightened it out, so I'm pleased.
I've been taking it easy, working on getting healthy for the new year, reading, cross stitching, little bits of housework, making soup.
Speaking of cross stitch, I have to share a kit my daughter gave me for Christmas, it's of Angkor Wat. I'm a long way from finishing the one I'm working on, but I have given myself permission to start this one in February and to alternate between the two.  The first one has taken so long, but it was a learning process and it's going so much faster now.  I find it very relaxing and that's good for my blood pressure too.
Have played the piano a little since the doctor said my wrist x-rays looked good.  Slow going as the pinky finger still isn't right and stretching my hand way out is still a bit uncomfortable, but I missed playing so much so I found some really easy stuff and have been plunking along.
Heading upstairs to sort through my yarn, I want to start a spring afghan throw and I need to see what colors I have.

11 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch looks very big and intricate. Good luck with it. I've just started another blanket - going to be rainbow coloured using up yarn from the stash.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are definitely on the mend. Glad you can get to that piano again. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite the array of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely kit, you certainly have a thoughtful daughter. I miss not having a piano, although I don't play it always nice to hear the girls playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear from you. Your new cross stitch looks beautiful. It's always fun to start on a new project. I'm knitting some bears for my grandchildren's Valentine gift. Please take it easy and don't overdue it! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear from you. Your new cross stitch looks beautiful. It's always fun to start on a new project. I'm knitting some bears for my grandchildren's Valentine gift. Please take it easy and don't overdue it! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything above zero is warm to me. Good to hear your wrist is healing! Piano playing should be good exercise:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it has been really chilly there! Same here, but no chance of temps going up to the 70's anytime soon! haha! I am glad that your blood pressure is under control and that you are able to play again. Your cross-stitch will be amazing when you are done! I'm trying to finish up some crocheting projects on these cold nights. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. That kit is stunning. GOod luck with your new blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet it felt good to play the piano again. You are going to be busy with two cross stitch projects and a throw:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your blood pressure has been sorted and the wrist continues to heal.

    That kit looks very good, I think you will enjoy doing it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...