Monday, January 23, 2017

With Apologies to Kate Atkinson

I didn't start early, woke late 9:20 AM, didn't walk the dog, but fed the cat.  For some reason her book title is stuck in my head (Started Early, Took My Dog) and keeps floating around there.  I've read all of her books and if you haven't you should give them a try, in fact I've been thinking about rereading them in anticipation that she might be putting out a new one soon.
As I said we really slept late today, both of us had trouble getting to sleep and when it finally kicked in it just kept on going.
So a morning walk, washed the afghan the cat barfed on, rearranged an eye appointment and made my semi-annual dermatology appointment,  had breakfast, read blogs, washed hair, made Leek and Potato Soup and got ready for a doctor's appointment.  It's the final check-up on my wrist and to see if the new medication has settled my blood pressure.
Most of the rain is gone, a little drizzle this morning and headed towards cooler weather by the end of the week.  All in all not a bad Monday morning.

9 comments:

  1. We were slow this morning also. At noon it doesn't look much lighter out than it did when I got out of bed at 7 a.m.
    Breakfast was late, so lunch will be later--at least being retired gives us options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very busy Monday morning! Hope the doctors appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Kate Atkinson. Can't wait for her next book. Soup looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I overslept this morning, too. Must have been the wet, cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting series of books. Hope the Dr's appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better.. I've a very hectic morning today..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read any of Kate Atkinson's books. I will look out for them. Sorry to read about your medical problem, hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Started late, fed the cat sounds like our morning too. The soup looks very tasty:)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...